Help a School
We Accept Arizona Tax Credit Donations
If you pay taxes in Arizona, you can give money to support school field trips at zero cost to you.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you owe taxes, your gift is subtracted from what you owe
- If you’re owed a refund, your gift is added to your refund
- If filing as an individual or head of household, you can donate up to $200
- If filing jointly or as a married couple, you can donate up to $400
- Donations must be made by April 15, 2018, for the 2017 tax year (but it helps teachers a lot if you make your gift before winter break!)
The Arizona schools tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar gift!
Here’s what that means:
Gabe files as an individual and owes $323 in AZ taxes.
He gives $200 to a school and claims this credit. At tax time, he owes just $123 in taxes.
Pat and Dana file jointly and are expecting a $323 AZ tax refund.
They give $400 to a school and claim this credit. They get a $723 tax refund.
How to Make Your Tax Credit Contribution
Here’s what to do for the Arizona schools tax credit.
Follow these 5 steps to ensure your gift goes to support trips for schools most in need!
- Email COE-CooperCenter@email.arizona.edu or call us at (520) 626-1825.
- We’ll give you names of schools that need help funding their field trip.
- Make your gift to the school with a note that it’s for a Cooper Center trip.
- Keep the receipt the school sends for your tax records.
- Claim the credit in your tax software, or have your preparer file AZ Form 322
That's all it takes! And don’t be surprised if you also get some letters and pictures from happy, thankful students.
Thank You for Helping Teachers & Schools in Need!
- 90% of the schools that visit the Cooper Center are Title I schools with many families living at or below poverty levels.
- Last year, more than 50 dedicated teachers have requested more than $10,000 in aid from tax credit gifts.
- We have never turned away a trip for inability to pay thanks to generous support like yours!